1. Get your cameras out, clean your glass, and get ready to update us with a full-tank shot... It's FULL-TANK FRIDAY! View the thread here:

Full Tank Friday

Kangen Water

Discussion in 'General Reef Aquarium Discussion' started by ronnunan, Mar 30, 2011.

1. ronnunan

ronnunan New Member

Does anyone use this water for replacement of evaporation or salt mix water? It's very complicated and I was wondering if anyone has used it or knows about it? Heres a link if you think your samrt enough to figure it out? I'm lost.

Theres a company....Enagic, that makes the unit.

Kangen Water, Kangen Water Machine, Kangen Water System

2. Robzilla

Robzilla New Member

IMHO I wouldn't use it for your tank. RO/DI has been the tried and true method for almost everyone on here. I have spent enough time in the fitness industry seeing all different kinds of "miracle waters" that are completely useless.

3. Robzilla

Robzilla New Member

^ Especially wouldn't use it if they directly state that they put things back in that are normally in your tap water.

4. wonderloss

wonderloss New Member

Looks like a bunch of meaningless technobabble and quackery.

5. Exo

Exo New Member

They don't even have their science correct. It states several places that it increases antioxidants and yet it raises the ORP (oxidation/reduction potential) to 700 mV. This is highly oxidizing water which is great if you want to kill things like bacteria for instance. BUT at an ORP that high it will also likely damage fish gills. This is why when people feed strong oxidizers like ozone, they reduce it with carbon filters or other means before it hits the tank.