Quantcast
HELP! I think my frogspawn is dyn'

Become a Sponsor Our Sponsors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP! I think my frogspawn is dyn'

HELP! I think my frogspawn is dyn'

guys what is goin on with my frogspawn it wasn't fully extended yesterday or when i came home from work this morning but when i came home from work tonight its got this white stuff on it tell me its not dyn'!!!

heres another pic

Re: HELP! I think my frogspawn is dyn'

tissue recission,try giveing it a fw dip,on that note i just lost a 30 head coloney of hammer to brown jelly disease,euphys are extremly prone to this,what are ure tank params?
    155 oceanic bow front,20 long refuge packed with caluerpa and mangroves,40 gallon sump,175lbs LR,3x250 watt xm 10ks,aqua-c remora,and pro-clear 150 skimmers

sailfin tang,kole tang,royal gramma,cinnimon clown,2xpink skunk clowns,six line wrasse,mandarin,

155 bow coral-orange montipora cap,superman monti cap,scripps green polyped staghorn,ORA pink poccilipora,ORA blue millipora,green slimer,yellow UK acro,pink birdsnest,armor of god zoas,various zoas and shrooms,hammer,frogspawn,clove polyps,favite,fancey toadstool,reg toadstool,yellow leather,purple leather,devils hand,2 types xenia,ricordea florida,ricordea yuma,kenya tree,galaxia,bubble coral,button polyps

inverts are lots of snails and hermits,crocea clam,maxima clam and seabae anemone,rbta

ph is 8.3 nitrate 0 nitrite 0 amonia 0 sg is 1.023 cacl is in the 400's dkh is about 12

one ure salinity is really low,u wanna get it up to about 1.025,i run mine at 1.026,when u raise it u wanna do it slow,1ppm every couple hours,are u topping off everyday?
    155 oceanic bow front,20 long refuge packed with caluerpa and mangroves,40 gallon sump,175lbs LR,3x250 watt xm 10ks,aqua-c remora,and pro-clear 150 skimmers

sailfin tang,kole tang,royal gramma,cinnimon clown,2xpink skunk clowns,six line wrasse,mandarin,

155 bow coral-orange montipora cap,superman monti cap,scripps green polyped staghorn,ORA pink poccilipora,ORA blue millipora,green slimer,yellow UK acro,pink birdsnest,armor of god zoas,various zoas and shrooms,hammer,frogspawn,clove polyps,favite,fancey toadstool,reg toadstool,yellow leather,purple leather,devils hand,2 types xenia,ricordea florida,ricordea yuma,kenya tree,galaxia,bubble coral,button polyps

inverts are lots of snails and hermits,crocea clam,maxima clam and seabae anemone,rbta

yeah i do ro/di top off

well i think the FW dip just killed my frogs pawn..ima gonna quarintine it for the night but i think its safe to say itsa in coral heaven now
    one pic

another pic

It's not dead. I have a Frogspawn that was not doing well (looked very much like yours). After an RO/DI dip, it stayed closed for a few days. After that, it came back strong. It went from almost dead to its current condition (12 heads). Don't give up on it. They are pretty hardy in my opinion.

Great White Shark michael_cb_125's Avatar

I have a 4 headed hammer coral. Two heads died. I was going to break the off. I diddnt and now I have 6 baby headys growing outta the two dead heads.
    Also I dont recommend a freshwater dip on a stressed coral, unless it is parasite related. The frehwwater dip just stresses the coral even more IMO.
    All Fish are "Semi-Reef Safe"

A Freshwater dip is suggested in many cases to try and flush/kill certain tissue issues. I am confident that a FW dip saved my FrogSpawn which was going down hill almost right in front of my eyes. I dipped it for about 5 minutes and then placed it back into the tank. Before I dipped I adjust temp to match the tank temp to minimize stress. I lost 3 head out of 5 because I hesitated on the dip (that's my story and I'm sticking to it) .

"Let us help you Geek Your Reef"
    www.ReefBytes.com

> > > >Read ME < < < < when you're in need of answers or help with your tank.

Take nothing from the sea unless it is plentiful.

Egg-Crate SUX
    Quote Originally Posted by Setragni View Post
    Having a reef tank is more about keeping water than fish or corals.
    Nitrate (NO3) reduction is directly proportional to percentage of Water Change.

Ask me about how to increase your REEF budget without going without FOOD!!

Big Al's 10g....Retired BigAl's Slow 90g Tank Chronicle.... Retired

Allens OFFICE 12g Nano-Reef....

2013 LED Upgrade from StevesLED for the NanoCube 12g

and the latest member of my WET family is . . .
    BigAl's Mountain Reef RSM 130D - 2/2011

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl07 View Post
    A Freshwater dip is suggested in many cases to try and flush/kill certain tissue issues. I am confident that a FW dip saved my FrogSpawn which was going down hill almost right in front of my eyes. I dipped it for about 5 minutes and then placed it back into the tank. Before I dipped I adjust temp to match the tank temp to minimize stress. I lost 3 head out of 5 because I hesitated on the dip (that's my story and I'm sticking to it) .
    I have had the same results with a FW dip. Worked like a charm!

Jason

yeah ill find out when i get home from my night job on how its doin im pray that it will start to look betterit was like in a matter of a couple hours it went from lookn' fine to haven' that white stuff on it.

Talking Its starting to come back alive

ok thankgod my frogspawn is starting to look more alive I just want to say thanks to everyone who had suggested that i FW dip it
    heres a picture with the flash on

flash off

Tridacna maxima bluespotjawfish's Avatar

For freshwater dip it is also important to match the pH and temp.
    Lorraine

To BB and all Bluespots -

I am glad it worked out for you. I agree that you need to match the temperature and PH. My Frogspawn was in bad shape before I did the RO/DI dip. Today, it has grown multiple new heads. IMO, the freshwater dip did the job. It saved it. If a coral is on the brink of death, how much more can you stress it?

well yeah i was afraid that the FW dip was to much for it in the begining it didn't look like it was gonna survive but its starting to look alot better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information