Quantcast
Where can I buy MAG Flakes?

Become a Sponsor Our Sponsors

Thread: Where can I buy MAG Flakes?

Where can I buy MAG Flakes?

I've heard Home Depot sells it, but they don't have it.
    Does anyone know who sells it other than BULK distributors who will only sell me a 2400lbs pallet...?

Re: Where can I buy MAG Flakes?

I think the MAG Flake is just Magnesium Chloride? I remember reading that at some time in the past the manufacture of MAG flakes could no longer guarantee the type of quality needed for reef tanks? Mainly used to melt ice.

Have you looked at Bulk Reef Supply for their Mg chloride?

Magnesium Supplements for Aquariums - English
    aka Terry
    Excellence in reefkeeping is achieved by mastering the fundamentals, and learning from mistakes.
    34g Red Sea Max 130 (April 07), ~50-60 lbs. live rock. Lighting: Sol Super Blue LED with AI controller. Vortech MP10ES & battery backup, LifeReef Siphon, Sump, SWC Extreme 120 cone skimmer, Tunze Osmolator ATO, ReefKeeper Lite L3 controller

Reefmack's RSM 130 and...Red Sea Max Owners Club

Yep, that's the stuff. I'll check Bulf Reef Supply !

Good deal and they have small quantities - you don't need to buy 2400 lbs. LOL!
    Great outfit to deal with too!
    aka Terry
    Excellence in reefkeeping is achieved by mastering the fundamentals, and learning from mistakes.
    34g Red Sea Max 130 (April 07), ~50-60 lbs. live rock. Lighting: Sol Super Blue LED with AI controller. Vortech MP10ES & battery backup, LifeReef Siphon, Sump, SWC Extreme 120 cone skimmer, Tunze Osmolator ATO, ReefKeeper Lite L3 controller

Thanks! I just reviewed their product and it is "cleaner" than the MAG Flakes. It doesn't leave a precipiate after mixing. However, I found I can get 8lbs of Epsom Salt from Walgreens for $5 compared to their Mg Sulfate (Epsom Salt) which is $11 (plus shipping) for 4lbs. I ordered my Mrs. Wages last night from Ace Hardware (of all places???) and have my Arm and Hammer on hand. Now all I need to do is drink 2 more gallons of milk so I'll have my jugs
    If I don't start saving some $$$, my wife is going to kil me

Better break out the cookies to have with all that milk! Maybe you can pawn some off on Santa Claus soon! LOL!

Saving money in this addiction is always a good thing!
    aka Terry

Thread Information