Quantcast
Top Fin website?

Become a Sponsor Our Sponsors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top Fin website?

Top Fin website?

Does anyone know the website to Top Fin? They are the people that make tanks and stuff for petsmart. I'm trying to figure out what part of my tank is tempered glass. The sticker that was on the bottom said "tempered glass do not drill", but that was on the bottom, and so I'm not sure if it is the same for the sides.

TIA
    Member "Crabs Are Evil" Society
    My Tank:
    90g AGA, 18g tall sump, CSS 220 w/ meshmod impeller, 4x54w Tek T5 retro w/ IC reflectors, Kalk reactor w/ aquamedic niveaumat system, a few SPS, LPS, zoos, and a few softies, 2 Ocellaris Clowns (hosted by both a RBTA and GBTA), Yellow Watchman, Potter's angel, Yellow Tang, Foxface, Midas Blenny, Purple Pseudo, huge brittle star, 2 tigertail cukes, fire shrimp, snails, and unfortunately two emerald crabs (the bubble algae got out of control).

I have been told that Perfecto makes the Top Fin aquariums, can't swear to it, just info from a friend of mine. If it is the case Perfecto's website is at http://www.perfectomfg.com

Don't know that they give specs as to whether specific tanks have tempered sides or not, but they should have a contact e-mail or phone number.
    HTH
    ------------
    walt
    ---------------------
    ...and I thought woodworking was an expensive hobby.....
    75G Oceanic Reef Tank, 30G Acrylic sump, 12G fuge, AquaC EV-120 skimmer, AquaMedic Kalkwasser Reactor, Mag 12 return pump, FlexiFlow dosing pump. 2-250W AB 10,000K MH, 2 95W Actinic VHO
    Sorcerer's Home

Office Reef - 12G JBJ Nanocube, Minijet 606 pump, 50W heater, 12lbs LR
    -----------
    http://www.reefsanctuary.com/Banners/RS_banner4.gif

As far as I know, Top Fin is PetSmart's own brand (they're brand of cat & dog supplies is called Top Paw). Perhaps someone at PetSmart could look into it for you or give you a customer service number to call & they could research it further.

as far as i know just the bottoms are tempered not the sides but dont quote me on that.
    120 gal/in wall tank/starboard substraight/2 250 watt 10k xm metal halides/ 4 55watt 03 actinics/150lbs lr/scwd on return/scwd on a closed loop/aquaclear aquatics 200 pro wetdry w/skimmer.

ask all the questions you have if we cant answer it we'll make up some thing. remember patience is the key to a kick ass reef.

dave.

The bottoms are usually tempered to withstand the static pressure from the sand, rock, and water. The sides don't receive the same physical force. The sides would have a tempered sticker as well if they were. Check to be sure, but your 99% safe IMO.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Currently tankless.

20 Gallon mini reef with mated pair of Maroon Clowns given to Rougiem!

80 gallon reef given to Rougiem/Wooster HS.

Awesome, thanks!!! I'll go to petsmart, and ask the managers, they know me, and not to mention their other employees are pretty close to worthless. I bug them enough They would find out for me.
    My Tank:
    90g AGA, 18g tall sump, CSS 220 w/ meshmod impeller, 4x54w Tek T5 retro w/ IC reflectors, Kalk reactor w/ aquamedic niveaumat system, a few SPS, LPS, zoos, and a few softies, 2 Ocellaris Clowns (hosted by both a RBTA and GBTA), Yellow Watchman, Potter's angel, Yellow Tang, Foxface, Midas Blenny, Purple Pseudo, huge brittle star, 2 tigertail cukes, fire shrimp, snails, and unfortunately two emerald crabs (the bubble algae got out of control).

Yep In my opinion also, usually just the bottom. My 100g none of the glass is tempered.
    Scott Ardoin (Ard-Dwan)

does'nt flipper work at petsmart? may want to pm him.hth.
    120 gal/in wall tank/starboard substraight/2 250 watt 10k xm metal halides/ 4 55watt 03 actinics/150lbs lr/scwd on return/scwd on a closed loop/aquaclear aquatics 200 pro wetdry w/skimmer.

ask all the questions you have if we cant answer it we'll make up some thing. remember patience is the key to a kick ass reef.

dave.

I thought it was petco that flipper worked at but not sure.

No offense to petco fans, but the ones near me, the SW tanks are nasty, and the people don't know jack about SW.
    My Tank:

LOL fidojoe. Good use of smilies. We had one Petco in my area with a great fish room manager for a while, it was a pleasure buying from him and he kept all the tanks perfect, even kept corals alive. Then, one day, I went back in and he was "no longer with us" and dead fish were in every (SW) tank. I prefer Petsmart for my drygoods because they don't even try putting the lives of delicate sea creatures in the untrained hands of their employees. Both Petco and Petsamrt seem to do a good job on freshwater fish at least, which is a good long mile above WalMart's "torture section." Visiting that place is like watching "Faces of Death."

I have to admit, their FW is great, prices, iffy, petsmarts FW is just as good, good prices, and decent service when you get a manager involved . The guys at petco know me, cause I go in there, and look every once and a while, or for FW stuff. There are actually 3 people that know enough about SW to get them by, one lady knows a fair amount about the species themselves, but nothing about tank care/equipment, then this one guy who is never there, (got fired for 3 months for ordering 500 neon tetras), who knows a little, and one guy who has a 29 gal eclipse setup, with CC bed, and stock lighting with 2 condy anemonies I tried to tell him that this was not suffice, but he is stubborn , but he did get me his employee discount on my fluval, well, he bought it for himself, but decided he didn't need it
    My Tank:

Tunicate

Re: Top Fin website?

Quote Originally Posted by fidojoe View Post
    Does anyone know the website to Top Fin? They are the people that make tanks and stuff for petsmart. I'm trying to figure out what part of my tank is tempered glass. The sticker that was on the bottom said "tempered glass do not drill", but that was on the bottom, and so I'm not sure if it is the same for the sides.

TIA
    hello just curiose what u found out, i was wondering the same thing!

thanks!!!!!!!!!

whoa, old thread, almost 6 years old...haha. I dont see many of these people around anymore sadly.

try sending fidojoe a PM.
    He was last here on Oct`08
    A 55g link in the GoldenChain

2 (+) Year Retrospective of a 12g Nano

12g Nano Phoenix Rises.

Jeff
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few."
    - Shunryo Suzuki-Roshi

Tunicate

Top fin products are made by a company called Aqueon, and their website is here: Aqueon

I needed a new hinged glass top for my 46 gal. aquarium from Petsmart, so I did some research.

Enjoy!
    Nate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information